I wrote this rake task for running the rspec and cucumber tests for a Rails app whilst ensuring that only one database is used. It took a bit of Googling and lots of trial and error so thought I’d share it.
Continue reading “CruiseControl.rb rake task for running rspec and cucumber with a single test database”
After recently switching to a lower-performance laptop for my regular development tasks, I decided to spend a bit of time cleaning up some long-running rspec examples. I found that some misunderstanding of rspec’s features had led me to write highly inefficient specs.
Continue reading “Optimising specs for ActiveRecord scopes and other database-dependent functionality”